At Ashperton, we aspire for our children to see Computing as an integral aspect of all areas of their learning. They will have a broad set of skills to support and enhance their learning, therefore providing them with life skills in preparation for an ever-growing digital world. We:
- Prepare our learners for their future by giving them the opportunities to gain knowledge and develop skills that will equip them for an ever changing digital world
- Enable children to become autonomous, independent users of computing technologies, gaining confidence and enjoyment from their activities,
- Develop a whole school approach to computing ensuring continuity and progression in all strands of the Computing National Curriculum,
- Use computing technologies as a tool to support teaching, learning and management across the curriculum,
- Provide children with opportunities to develop their computing capabilities in all areas of our broad and balanced Curriculum,
- Ensure computing technologies are used, when appropriate, to improve access to learning for children with a diverse range of individual needs, including those with SEN and disabilities,
- Respond to new developments in technology in a timely and appropriate manner, equipping pupils with the knowledge, skills and cultural capital they need for the future.
- Develop an understanding of how to use ICT and computing safely and responsibly.
- Embed online-safety throughout our school in a manner that addresses issues, including gaming addiction and cyberbullying, supporting pupil’s mental health and wellbeing.
At Ashperton we invest in technology, with each classroom having an interactive screen, visualiser, Apple TV, PC and bank of ipads. Our children work successfully with ipads, android tablets, laptops, MP3 players and video cameras and enjoy coding Mico Bits and Crumble sets.
We have a group of Digital Leaders at school who support pupils with Online Safety and help to run and after school technology club for younger pupils where they learn about staying safe online through fun activities.