THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES WILL BE PRESENT IN SCHOOL AND MUST BE ADHERED TO AT ALL TIMES:
- Contact with individuals who are unwell will be minimized by ensuring that those children or staff who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school under any circumstances for at least a fourteen day period from the first sign of any symptoms.
- Pupils and staff will clean hands thoroughly and more often than usual.
- Pupils and staff will practise good respiratory hygiene through the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach using tissues when sneezing which are then properly discarded afterwards with as little contact as possible being made between face and hands.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will be introduced, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY IN SCHOOL IN RESPONSE TO ANY INFECTION AND MUST BE FOLLOWED IN EVERY CASE WHERE THEY ARE RELEVANT:
- Full engagement with the NHS Test and Trace process
- Managing confirmed cases of COVID-19 amongst the school community
- Containing any outbreak by following local health protection team advice
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE PROPERLY CONSIDERED WITH SCHOOL PUTTING IN PLACE MEASURES WHICH BEST SUIT ITS PARTICULAR CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Minimise contact as much as possible between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible. This will include having classes in their own separate 'bubbles' with their own members of staff, ensuring staff maintain a suitable distance from pupils and other members of staff where possible, bubbles may join together if limited numbers. Having staff move around school using the outside of the building wherever possible, having daily whole school events such as assemblies and lunches in classrooms rather than the hall and having staggered break and lunchtimes.
THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY IN SCHOOL UNDER SPECIFIC CIRCUMSTANCES:
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by staff when close contact with pupils is necessary and unavoidable, such as administering first aid.
Just a reminder in line with our school COVID policy and due to certain allergies in our school, I am so sorry but we are unable to hand out sweets or cakes etc. for birthdays or celebrations. Many thanks for supporting us with this.